Here at Primo Broodstock USA LLC, we take our job proudly and seriously. Because our broodstock have produced billions of animals that directly connected us and our clients economically, and emotionally. We cheer for every good harvest, and then we work even harder to ensure that the next year is even better and stronger. That is how Primo maintains genetic advantage.
DISEASE RESISTANT BROODSTOCK
● SPF shrimp (certified by University of Arizona)
● At least twice more survival in the ponds (data since 2013 from Asia and North America)
● 30%-70% more survival in the challenge trials (data since 2017 from University of Arizona)
● Unique genomic signature (SNP genotype from AquaArray) that is different from any other commercial populations
● Biosecured facility
● 100% Recirculation culture system
● Artificial sea water
● 24/7 surveillance and monitoring
● Strict biosecurity protocol
● Recycling water culture system
● Capable of monitoring multiple traits
● Broodstock shipment overall survival rate above 93%
We pittag each broodstock candidate individually. Measurements at different developmental stages are standardized. Based on the feature of the traits, the data are organized in to binarial, proportional, or continuous variables. All information are uploaded into database to create an comprehensive description of each shrimp.